Tuesday, May 6, 2008

:: i hate murphy

i'm referencing the murphy whose law states that "if anything can go wrong, it will." that statement perfectly sums up my day. maybe it was the fact that this day was doomed from the start (see: my last entry) with the drive home. but when i got a later start than i wanted, that forced me to do things a lot differently than i had planned. i didn't get into town until about 12:50, which gave me enough time to use he bathroom, grab a little snack, and rush to work. i already don't enjoy work (who does) but something about today made things even worse. at work, doing tech support, the higher ups would like you to resolve every issue on the first call, with everything perfectly documented, in a neatly packaged 15 minutes. today, my second call of the day lasted three (3) hours! i tried everything i could to fix the problem, but everything we tried failed. i tried to transfer him to another department to resolve the issue, but he would not be shaken off so easily. so, i stayed on the phone and finally, after 3 hours, we figured out what was wrong (turns out it was a problem with windows vista...). the great part was, after that was done, there was only another 5 hours to go... but those hours came and went. i did get to semi-celebrate cinco de mayo today by visiting taco bell for some chalupas (which turned out to be the best part of the day). finally, work ended and as i was walking out i got a phone call from my brother. he told me that my mom and sister got into an argument that apparently grew into an argument between my dad and my mom and my sister. the argument ended in my dad getting upset, yanking the dish receiver for the tv, going into his room, getting dressed, and walking out. tensions have been pretty high back home with the increasing cost of everything on top of bills and the increased cost of living in louisiana after hurricane katrina. fortunately, when i called my dad a little later on he had cooled off and went back home. that was a really stressful 30 min. for me, and with the added pressure of the rest of the day it was almost overwhelming.

sorry about all of the above, had to get all that off my chest. to make up for the mopey, venting rant, i present a few youtube videos that i've noticed myself going to over and over. they cheer me up. if there is anyone reading this and having a long, murphy's law plagued day, maybe these videos will help you out too. enjoy:


charlie bit my finger - again!




star wars according to a 3 year old.



hey jude




bruce lee - high speed painting

hope those were interesting and a welcome distraction to anyone out there. here's to the coming of better days ahead. now i'm going to get some sleep.

more to come...

No comments: